The transportation industry is undergoing a number of changes as businesses look to improve speed and efficiency. With the economy slowly improving, companies are looking to their supply chain networks to create efficiency and savings.
- Rail and intermodal providers increase investment to improve service.1
- Maintenance costs per seat mile continues to increase as airlines defer aircraft replacement.2
- The price of parts is rising and there continues to be periodic shortages of replacement parts, which impacts maintenance expenses by extending vehicle downtime.3
Syncron helps transportation service providers improve service and reduce downtime by improving parts availability. Using our sophisticated inventory management software, railways, airlines and intermodal transportation companies improve Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO).
Our inventory management solution, balances service levels and inventory costs by building accurate demand and safety stock calculations. Our solution is different because it is designed to address replenishment planning for companies that:
- Plan thousands of items with multiple and overlapping characteristics
- Need visibility and planning across many locations – distribution centers, warehouses, dealers and vendors
- Require high service levels but want to minimize costs
1 2014 Rail/Intermodal Roundtable: Riding high, Logistics Management, June 1, 2014, www.logisticsmgmt.com
2Tailwinds, 2013 airline industry trends, PWC, 2013, www.pwc.com
3Top Fleet Maintenance Trends for 2012-2014, Heavy Duty Trucking, February 21, 2012, www.truckinginfo.com