It’s hard to believe, but we’re finally in the last month of 2017. The presents are all wrapped and your family is together for the next few weeks, all the while, you’re still waking up from your tryptophan-induced food coma from last month. While wintertime is generally considered “the most wonderful time of the year,” it’s no surprise that it also comes with a ton of stress, especially for those in the service industry.
In fact, Virgin Pulse, a provider of employee health and engagement solutions, surveyed more than 1,000 full-time employees in the U.S. and Canada and found that 70% of them are 21% more stressed during the holidays than any other time of year. Basically, the only thing that gets thinner this time of year are offices: The holiday travel and family excuses start setting in, and the mindset shifts from a hustle and grind beginning of Q4, turning the office into a sudden disappearing act in the final scene.
So, when it seems most of the industry is shutting down, what can you, an after-sales service leader, do to use this extra time to excel in the new year? Simple: find new ways to use after-sales service as a profit lever in your organization!
We’ve put together ten of our most popular Syncron blog posts when it comes to service growth and innovation, so take a moment to go through and find some inspiration for your organization in 2018:
- “The Powerful Pairing Of Service Parts Inventory Management And Pricing,” a look into how integrating aspects of the service parts management system can streamline your organization.
- “Is Sharing Really Caring? How The Sharing Economy Impacts After-Sales Service,” a deep dive into the world of the share economy and what it will look like for service organizations.
- “How History Can Predict The Future Of Manufacturing,” a look back at how history is cyclically showing us the future trends to come back around in 2018.
- “Creating A Manufacturing Powerhouse Brings Opportunities In Service,” a showcasing of the merging of two major organizations and how that will impact service in the future.
- “Product Uptime And The 4th Industrial Revolution: Digital Transformation,” findings from PPS 2017 and how history is proving another technological revolution is upon us.
- “Downtime By The Numbers: The Cost, The Data, And The Benefits Of Predictive Maintenance,” proof that brushing off your after-sales service can impact your revenue in serious ways.
- “Don’t Fear The Amazon: How Price Management Can Be Your Most Valuable Weapon,” a playbook on how to win the fight against ecommerce competition in the new year.
- “The Perfect Storm For Field Service Manufacturers,” a collision of workforce, politics, and economy that has manufacturers seeing a new wave of change for their organizations, making them ripe for transformation.
- “The Time Has Come To Elevate Your After-Sales Service Through Emerging Tech,” a run down of Field Service 2017 and how leading organizations view emerging technology.
- “Anders Grudén On How A Changing World Is Redefining After-Sales Service,” a sneak peek into the ebook, “2018 After-sales Service Predictions: Strategies for Empowering Manufacturers to Deliver Game-Changing Value.”
We hope that this year in content has served your organization well, and while motivation may be at its lowest point towards the end of the year, these strategies are sure to help you nip it in the bud and head into the new year strong. By putting your customers first through knowledge gained during these slower weeks, you’re sure to stand out amongst those traditional organizations who packed up mid-month.
Want more insight into 2018? Download our brand new ebook today to hear more from some of the industry’s thought leaders on the major trends manufacturers will see in 2018 and beyond, and how to implement new business processes and technologies to win.
SHARE THIS POST