PACCAR Automates Connected Dealer-to-OEM Returns Processing
Here’s a company you rely on daily, though, might not immediately recognize. It’s PACCAR, manufacturer of premium light, medium and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. While driving the world’s products supply chain, they also design and manufacture diesel engines, and provide financial services, information technology, and distribute truck parts to keep product rolling.
Manual Returns Processing Pileups
Ultimately, PACCAR’s problem was a lack of a cost-effective, integrated Dealer-to-OEM Returns Processing automation system. Their environment was a common one – a burdensome manual process for their back-office team to upload dealer spreadsheets and remove line items for scraped returns. Equally cumbersome was reviewing data from their Oracle JD Edwards ERP and external dealer systems to determine credits for processed returns.
Their manual environment difficulties resonated with Dealers continuously sending bulk returns to warehouses at months’ end without PACCAR approval, causing a facilities backlog and prolonging processing time and cost. At the core: the need for business rules and validations process to replicate and scale globally, and a platform to accomplish this objective.
End-to-End Connected Dealer-to-OEM Returns Processing
Upon surveying the marketplace for automation options to manage documentation and workflow of product returns, PACCAR selected Syncron’s Connect Service Experience platform, with configured Returns SmartBlox to standardize all returns processes, documenting each step uniformly. Syncron Customer Connect provided ERP and dealer system integration for a single-source management tool for all stakeholders.
PACCAR can create configurable return policies based on Dealer’s SLAs, tracking all service content and document revisions from desktop and mobile devices.
The centralized platform for processing all returns transactions and viewing all relevant data enables:
- Predictable monthly and quarterly return projections from Dealers and to PACCAR warehouses reducing backlogs
- Reduction of IT systems expenditures and program administration staff engagement
Syncron’s Returns Management Software automates and streamlines all the steps involved in Returns lifecycles, including:
- Return Management: Configure and monitor end-to-end Returns processing to improve stakeholder performance and reduce costs
- Return Decisions: Single-source data visibility to make the right decision when a Return is warranted
- Reverse Logistics: Facilitate the physical flow of goods from the Customer to the Supplier
- RMA Documentation: Generate RMA, Shipping Labels, and Credit Memos
- Returns Cost Management: Account for the cost of Returns for reimbursement, shipping, and handling
- Integrated Returns: Integrate Returns software with ERP or Warehouse Management, Warranty Management, Parts Orders, and Third-Party Logistics (3PL) systems
- Return Analysis: Analyze the Returns and Inspection data to improve product quality and customer satisfaction